The Camden Shipyard & Maritime Museum (CSMM) is housed in the former Church of Our Savior (1893) and the 1904 Parish Hall expansion was partially made with stone used as ballast from Peary’s 1903 expedition to the Arctic. In addition to the museum dedicated to Camden's maritime history, the building complex hosts Urban Promise's Urban BoatWorks Program and the Camden Carpenters Pre-Apprenticeship Program.
The Mission of CSMM is to educate, inspire and engage citizens about Camden's rich maritime heritage and significant contributions to global shipbuilding and seafaring. The museum is an anchor institution for cultural enrchment and community development for Camden's Waterfront South neighborhood.
Camden Shipyard Timeline
Jack O'Byrne, PhD
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
VOLUNTEER DIRECTOR OF CARPENTRY PROGRAM
Michael Lang, Ph.D.